Community Grants Program
The purpose of Boston North Cancer Association, Inc.’s (BNCA’s) Community Grants Program is to help reduce the risk of cancer for all ages and to enhance the health and well-being of cancer patients, cancer survivors, and family members of those with cancer. To this end, Boston North Cancer Association awards up to $20,000 in grants per year to support community programs and resources for cancer treatment, prevention, education and care in communities north of Boston.
The Community Grants Program funds programs and services that:
- Educate children, adults and/or seniors about the symptoms and risks of cancer.
- Provide support services to cancer patients, cancer survivors, and their family members.
- Raise awareness about cancer treatment and prevention.
- Serve residents in one or more communities served by BNCA.* (For a list of communities served, please see last page).
Priority is given to programs and services that:
- Offer free or low-cost services.
- Provide resources to under-served populations.
- Address cancer-related issues specific to gender, race/ethnicity, and/or economic status.
- Promote community participation and engagement.
- Provide measurable outcomes.
Applicant organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Non-profit organization with proof of 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. Programs with a non-profit fiscal sponsor are eligible to apply.
- Reside and serve residents in a minimum of one of the communities in Essex County, Massachusetts*.
Grants will not be awarded to support individuals, or for capital building projects, lobbying, or religious purposes.
We do not fund general operating expenses.
Community Grants Application Process
Please download the Community Grants Application PDF below. Complete the fillable application form and submit the application and ALL requested attachments. Application must be submitted online and all requested attachments must be included. Applications will not be accepted by mail, email or fax. Only one application will be accepted per organization. All applications are due by December 1 and will be reviewed at the next Boston North Cancer Association quarterly meeting of the board of directors.
Applicants selected for community grant awards will receive 80% of the funds upon award. The remaining 20% will be awarded pending the completion of the program/service and submission of an evaluation to Boston North Cancer Association. This evaluation is to include: total number of people served, total cost of program, explanation of how BNCA was recognized, and a narrative detailing the outcomes/results of the program funded. Evaluation must be submitted at the conclusion of the program via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on this process email email@example.com or call 978-270-2505.