Professional Development Grants Program
The purpose of Boston North Cancer Association’s Professional Development Grants Program is to improve the detection and treatment of cancer by funding educational and skills training opportunities for medical professionals who practice in communities north of Boston. In doing so, Boston North Cancer Association (BNCA) will help improve the health and well-being of cancer patients and cancer survivors.
Priority consideration is given to applicants requesting funds for professional development opportunities that will fulfill certification/licensure or continuing education unit (CEU) requirements.
Professional Development Grant requests are limited to the following expenses:
- Conference/Training Registration Fees (excluding late registration fees), will be paid in full.
- Hotel accommodations will be reimbursed at 50% of the total cost. (Limited to standard room rate for overnight stays required due to location and only for the length of the conference/training).
- Travel by air, train or bus will be reimbursed at 50% of the total cost. (Travel in economy class only. Travel dates must fall immediately before and after the conference/training).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Active Certification/Licensure as a medical or paramedical professional.
- Primary focus of position is cancer detection and/or treatment.
- Practice/work at an accredited medical facility in a community served by BNCA.* (For a list of communities served, please see application).
Professional Development Grants Application Process
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please download an application below and apply online. Only online applications will be accepted. Applications are reviewed on a bimonthly basis – January, March, May, July, September and November. If your application requires consideration before one of the scheduled review times, BNCA will consider applications on a case-by-case basis but cannot guarantee a response by the time needed. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-641-7900. Receipt of your application will be acknowledged when you apply online.
Conditions and Procedures for Professional Development Grant Recipients
Applicants selected for professional development grant awards must submit receipts to BNCA for conference/training registration, travel expenses, and/or hotel accommodations in order to receive funds awarded by BNCA for these expenses. BNCA will only issue payment for the dollar amount(s) approved for each expense at the time the grant was approved. The grant recipient is responsible for any dollar amount beyond the dollar amount approved by BNCA.
BNCA will distribute funds directly to the grant award recipient by check. It is the responsibility of the grant recipient to submit receipts. BNCA will hold $100 of the total amount approved for conference/training registration, travel expenses, and/or hotel accommodations. This amount will be paid to the grant recipient upon receipt of an evaluation after the conference/training is completed.
All eligible receipts and the evaluation must be received by Boston North Cancer Association within 60 days of the conference/training start date for payment to be issued. BNCA will NOT issue any payments for approved expenses after 60 days from the conference/training start date
For more information on this process email email@example.com or call 508-641-7900.